ASSOCIATE CURATOR, PUBLIC ENGAGEMENT
Danspace Project invites applicants for the new position, Associate Curator, Public Engagement.
Danspace Project’s mission is to present new work in dance, support a diverse range of choreographers in developing their work, encourage experimentation, and connect artists to audiences. In the curatorial process, a balance of perspectives is sought across considerations of issues of race, sexuality, class, and ethnicity; aesthetic investigations across dance histories, genres and forms; and relevance to DSP’s institutional history and memory. Danspace Project’s long-held commitment to developing and presenting new work, and to taking risks by supporting emerging artists, ensures a constant flow of new artistic ideas that all members of the staff are asked to engage in and support.
Associate Curator, Public Engagement is a position straddling three areas of the organization: public programs, digital/print publications, and new initiatives. AC/PE will be responsible for managing educational and ancillary programs, public partnerships and publications as well as assisting with curatorial research. AC/PE will report to the Executive Director & Chief Curator and work closely with Communications Director and Program Director/Associate Curator.
- Bachelor degree required, Masters a plus in dance, art, performance studies, curatorial studies, art/dance history.
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years in arts non-profits.
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated editorial skills.
- Basic graphic design skills (InDesign and Photoshop) and experience in WordPress is a plus.
- This is a full-time salaried position. Some evening and weekend hours will be required.
- Benefit package includes partial health care coverage.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Please send a cover letter addressed to Judy Hussie-Taylor, Executive Director and Chief Curator, with resume and references to Jodi Bender at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline to apply is November 25th, 2018.
Danspace Project is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment to all employees and applicants for employment. No individual will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, ethnic or national origin, veteran status, age or disability.
Click here to see the Full Job Description.
INTERNSHIPS AT DANSPACE PROJECT
Danspace Project accepts resumes for our internship program on an ongoing basis. Click here for internship overview and details on how to apply.
USHER AT DANSPACE PROJECT
Volunteer one hour of your time before or after the show and see the performance for free! For more information, contact email@example.com or (212) 674-8112.