DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE, INSTITUTIONAL GIVING
Danspace Project is a leading dance presenter in the U.S., and commissions and presents 20-30 new works each year. Danspace’s presenting programs include the Platforms series, Food for Thought, and DraftWork alongside our ongoing presentations of primarily New York City artists as well as multiple weeks of Artist Production Residencies. Platforms are accompanied by catalogues, online Journal writing, and various other public events as envisioned by the team of curators and guest artist curators. Since 2010, Danspace has produced 11 Platforms, published 11 print catalogues and five e-books, launched the Conversations Without Walls series, and explored models for public discourse and residencies with guest artist curators such as Ralph Lemon, Eiko Otake, Ishmael Houston-Jones and Will Rawls, Susan Rethorst and, for the upcoming March, 2018 Platform, Dancing Platform Praying Grounds: Blackness, Churches, and Downtown Dance, Reggie Wilson. The curatorial team works collaboratively with the support of the Danspace team over a period of 12-18 months.
The Development department is responsible for raising funds to support Danspace operations, long-range institutional growth, and programming activities. The Development Associate, Institutional Giving is a full-time position with the main responsibilities of grantwriting and grants management under the supervision of the Director of Development and Executive Director & Chief Curator. Previous experience with grantwriting (and/or strong writing skills) and budgeting, as well as strong attention to detail and organization, will be very useful in this position. This position includes weekend and evening hours for special events, performances, and meetings.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Write, assemble, and submit grant requests.
- Manage, track, develop and steward grants.
- Manage and/or help with other fundraising campaigns, including generating solicitations, processing and acknowledgment system, departmental mailings and writing and sending acknowledgment letters as needed.
- Assist in planning and implementing special events and cultivation activities as appropriate.
- Share coordination and implementation responsibilities for 300+ guest annual Gala benefit with Director of Development and other staff.
- Manage donor data in DonorPerfect and OvationTix.
- Collaborate with Communications department on materials for fundraising as needed.
- Maintain office space, filing systems, departmental calendar, and intraoffice communications as it relates to the position.
- Other tasks as determined by the Director of Development and Executive Director & Chief Curator.
If interested in applying please send cover letter, writing sample (approximately one-page of grant narrative or equivalent is ideal if possible), and CV or Resumé to email@example.com. Interviews begin immediately.
INTERNSHIPS AT DANSPACE PROJECT
Danspace Project accepts resumes for our internship program on an ongoing basis. Click here for internship overview and details on how to apply.
USHER AT DANSPACE PROJECT
Volunteer one hour of your time before or after the show and see the performance for free! For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (212) 674-8112.
Danspace Project is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment to all employees and applicants for employment. No individual will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, ethnic or national origin, veteran status, age or disability.